Like most people, you may well know that hiking is great for the body and health in general, but what you might not know is just how beneficial is it. So if hiking, either alone, or with family and friends is in your plans this summer remember that hiking, an outdoor activity, has a number of benefits some of which includes: breath of fresh air, fascinating sights, noises and sounds of nature. Additionally, report has it that hiking, like exercise, is good for the body, as it is known to be a great cardio workout that can do the following:
* Helps to control one's weight
* boost bone density
* boost one's mood
* improves one's blood pressure
* Reduces the risk of colon and breast cancer, and possibly lung and endometrial cancer
* develops one's glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs
* Keep the entire body fit
* improves the body blood sugar levels
* Reduces the risk of heart disease
* improve meta balance
* reduces stress and depression and
* Relaxes the mind and allows for better quality sleep.
Kids are not left out. There are similar benefits they too get with hiking. These are:
* Hiking also promotes better sleep for the child
* Hiking helps to recuperate cardio-respiratory tract
* It enhances bone health
* Hiking minimizes the possibility of a kid becoming overweight
* Hiking Enables muscular fitness
* Hiking decreases the risk of high blood pressure and heart related diseases
* It minimizes the risk of depression and high stress and the inability to learn, comprehend and concentrate in school.
* It reduces the possibility of developing risk factors for type 2 diabetes
It is therefore evident that by getting yourself, friends, family and your kids familiar with hiking, you are helping them choose a healthy lifestyle for themselves. More so , hiking drills literally every part of the body, it nurtures one's creativity and generates responsiveness in the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and the skin. It is important to bear in mind that you do not have to be in great shape to start hiking. As a matter of fact, people who are less active can still enjoy nature by starting off with the simple hikes before moving up to steeper hikes that drills the body.
Another benefit hiking provides is that it gives one the opportunity to explore nature, away from the madness of the city, away from work, and daily routine, and help one relate to nature in a manner that brings out that tranquility, serenity and total wellness that resides deep inside.
So, irrespective of the location you have chosen to hike with friends and family this summer, remind yourself that the great outdoors can be challenging, however, just be at peace and look forward to your adventure. You need to, else you won't fully enjoy the unique experience such expeditions brings.
Now that you know the many benefits of hiking, you may well begin today! But first,take some time to research where you will like to go. It is important that you pick out the right location so you don't miss out on the sights and sounds of nature.